Sunday, July 13, 2008

SCRATCH BUILD















JUMP BASE


JUMPBASE














BREAK IN THE ACTION
View from above

NUTROCKER MK2
NUTROCKER MK5 W/75MM GATTLER














I finally took some more pictures of my early stuff in my display cabinets, so here goes.
The first feature this week are my Dioramas, and yes I have bunches of those!
Each feature is a personal life story of some event that occurred in my dimension (life).
Diorama #1 "Break In The Action", another one of my favorites and first place winners in IPMS Dallas and IPMS Fort Worth Regional contest diorama category.
Diorama #2 "JUMP BASE", this is a kit compilation in 1/72 scale and "Yes" you guessed it another 1st place winner at IPMS Dallas and Fort Worth.I really enjoyed building this project it was done at a time that I was preparing to start my current business.
The last diorama is a scratch build and is quite recent 4 years old I added it since I am doing dioramas this week.
I thought it would be of interest because of the things I used to construct it.
Parts consisted of a mouse, a game controller (The old kind used for computer gaming), metal 88mm metal gun barrel, resin ammo tubes for a WWII German rocket artillery and a figure I found at a squadron open house.
This project was quite simple to build even thou I had to pull a "all nighter " to finish it for the IPMS contest.
I also decided when I painted it to do a textured camo pattern and some battle damage.
Scale is 1/16, "yea it's big", this was also a first place winner in the diorama category.
"Well that's all folks", for the time being that is..!
"So stay tuned same time same bat channel.........!"

No comments: